What is hump day? It’s Wednesday. The hump to your work week. 2 days down and 2 days to go. On hump days I will be sharing articles, videos, or other form of entertainment. It will include links to other posts I have liked throughout the week. Some are parenting articles, others are personal finance ones, and occasionally there will be a random funny article. Enjoy!
Today in history
I looked up August 16th in history and there was nothing that made me jump. A lot did happen on this day such as:
- The earliest boxing records ever being recorded in 1743
- Turkey declaring war on Russia in 1787
- Abraham Lincoln prohibited the Union from trading with the Confederacy in 1861
- NYC begins building Grand Central Station in 1904
All of these are interesting in their own rights, but did not really get me excited enough to write more. Out of all of these, the most interesting was that Ringo Star replaced Pete Best in the Beatles…
Hump Day Posts
Fellow Blogger ESI Money discusses three steps to determine if you have enough to retire. I do not…why don’t you check out the post and see if you do.
Speaking of retirement, should I be worried that the stock market is so high? Michael at Financially Alert lays down the facts. As for me, no sweat. I am still years from retirement and since I invest every month, a drop would mean I would be buying on the cheap.
I often think about the costs of our home. Keep thrifty nicely put together the beauty of breaking our addiction to home updates. It is timely because last night I was talking to my wife about updates I wanted to make and she, being the reasonable one, told me to take it easy. Let’s make sure we are going to be here for the long haul before spending any more money in it.
Finally, The Green Swan recently wrote a post about FIRE Prowess. This is a new chain much like the Draw Down Chain me and 19 other bloggers have joined. The new chain is about determining how big of a saver you truly are relative to your income.
Here is the current FIRE Prowess chain:
- Anchor: The Green Swan – The Swan’s FIRE Prowess Gauge 2016: 132% Lifetime: 93%
- Link 1: The Retirement Manifesto – Is Your Wealth Building On Track? 2016: 57% Lifetime: 44%
- Link 2: OthalaFehu – My Swan FIRE Prowess Numbers 2016: 72% Lifetime: 61%
- Link 3: Budget On A Stick – My FIRE Prowess Score 2016: 52% Lifetime: 55%
- Link 4: Shnugi – Calculating My Savings Rate 2016: 71% Lifetime 54%
- Link 5: Dads Dollars Debt – DDD’s FIRE Prowess 2016: 26% Lifetime 32%
- Link 6: Debts To Riches – My FIRE Prowess Report Card 2016: 29% Lifetime 43%
- Link 7: Adventure Rich – The Adventure Rich Fire Prowess Score 2016: 4% Lifetime: 46%
- Link 8: Freedom is Groovy – The Groovie’s Fire Prowess Score 2016 163% Lifetime: 90%
There you go. Some good articles this week. As for the FIRE PROWESS, what is yours? It is a fun exercise and if you want to share it in the comments section below please feel free to.
Also published on Medium.